Android phones are one of the hottest commodities in the world now and many people are hankering over one of them. It is one of the hottest mobile operating systems beside the popular iOperating System by Apple. Many people would go to their local phone store to purchase an Android Phone to useAnother hot commodity would be Viber for the phones. It allows you to call and text for free as long as the other party has Viber too. In the last post we talked about the steps to install Viber on your PC using Android emulator which in turn needs you to install Java on your PC. You should read the tutorial on how to install Java first if you haven’t done that, as without that you cannot install the Android emulator or therefore Viber for PC.However, if you would like to install an Android Emulator which would somewhat allow you to use an Android phone on your computer and download Viber onto your Android Phone, this article would be detailing on how to do it; just follow the simple instructions in the next few paragraphs.
- You would need to install Java as the emulator would run on Java. Do not download some of the useless stuff that Java tends to include like a Yahoo Toolbar, which would slow your internet browsing experience.
- Next you would need to download the Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html). After downloading, unzip the files.
- Using a Windows computer, run the SDK Setup.exe. Once you chose the files that you want to download, the download manager would show up to show you the progress made in installing. This process could take some time depending on your Internet Speed (I got it down in a minute)
- After the download is done, you can set up the Android Emulator by selecting Virtual Drive from the menu on the left and click on the New button to the right
- Enter a name for the emulator and select the desired version that you want.
- After you done all that, you would need to input the size of the SD card that would supposedly form the memory of the emulator.
- Click “Create AVD” after you are finished adjusting the specifications.
- You would have your own Android Emulator after this. Select the emulator then click “Start”. You would be able to choose the display and scale it accordingly.
- The Android OS would then load on your computer. The screen would be on the left with various command keys on the right. The emulator may take up to a few minutes to start up, so be patient.
- You would then be presented with the Android OS after all that. If you want to download Viber into your computer so that you could use Viber on the computer, then follow the next few instructions.
- Open up the browser that you currently possess in the Android Emulator.
- In order to download Viber, download this file from the internet using the android emulator ([http://download.viber.com/viber.apk])
- After the whole download process is finished, you would then be able to open the Viber app in your Android Emulator
- This would allow you to use the fantastic Viber on your home computer, whenever you want to message or talk to friends using your computer.
One thing to note, however. The Android Emulator may be buggy as you are using it on the computer. We also suggest you to try out our newer and much easier “ok tested” method to download Viber for PC using bluestacks.